Frequently Ask Questions

Q.    What does Kaboora mean?
A.   Kaboora gets its name from a Persian word, which was the oldest name of Afghanistan; KU has 4  brunches through Afghanistan currently its headquarter is located in the capital of Afghanistan Kabul.

Q.   Is KU accredited by any of the accreditation associations certified by Afghanistan Dept of Education?
A.   KU is not accredited by any of the private accreditation associations certified by the Afghanistan Department of Education. In Afghanistan, accreditation is not a fully voluntary or non-governmental process.
All accredited institutions conform to the standards of the accrediting of the concerned ministries and governmental official organizations.
The Kaboora institute of higher education was established as advanced educational unit which is accredited by the government and and the following ministries: public health ministry, ministry of education and higher education ministry of Afghanistan.

Q.    Are KU degrees recognized in other countries or by other universities?
A.   Yes, however Employers and governments around the world are under no obligation to declare recognition of KU degrees. But certainly there are protocols among the governments through their foreign ministries, embassies and consulates abroad. Each university has its own policy concerning the recognition of credits earned at other universities. To determine recognition by other universities, students should contact the designate party regarding their specific policy concerning acceptance of credits.

Q.    Does KU offer credit for professional career experience?
A.    KU grants transfer credit only for verified academic achievement. No credit is awarded for life experience, portfolio evaluation or for any other non-academic achievements.

Q.    Does KU issue and confirm academic transcript when needs by student at anytime?
A.    Yes, KU grants issuing of academic transcript only for verified academic achievement.

Q.    Does KU offer distance learning programs?
A.    Yes, KU offers a broad selection of distance education programs.

Q.    Does KU accept credits earned at other universities? If so, how many?
A.    Yes, it is possible to transfer credits earned at other recognized educational institutions. Only courses in which you have earned at least a grade of "passed" or a C grade or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) will be accepted. The number of credits accepted varies with the student's degree program.

Q.    When can one start a distance education program?
A.    Academic courses begin at the start of each month. Upon acceptance of enrollment and payment of fees students may begin their programs at the start of the following month.

Q.    How is the distance education program administered?
A.   The student selects a specific curriculum to follow. The university sends the books and study materials to the students. The curriculum is comprised of a series of individual courses, which earn a specified number of semester credits. Most courses consist of ten modules. After completing each course, the student will submit the examination, research paper or project for that course for evaluation. When the appropriate number of credits has been earned, and all fees have been paid, the student is awarded his or her degree.

Q.    Does KU offer financial assistance to domestic and international students?
A.    Yes, it's opening at the beginning of the academic year as open-ended, but no direct financial aid is available.

Q.    What is the language of instruction at KU?
A.   The learning programs are generally delivered in English and national languages Dari/Pashto using English language textbooks. Under certain circumstances, courses may be completed in other languages convenient to both the student and the supervising professor.

Q.    What type of testing must I take to be accepted for admission to KU?
A. For domestic students there is only  general evaluation test is the Kankoor Test however, for non- domestic students whose spoken and written language is not Dari/Pashto has to score 500 written or 175 computer-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) prior to earning their degree.

Q.    What is the duration of the learning programs?
A.   The learning programs are conducted at the student's individual pace, but may not exceed a defined time period associated with a specific program without prior permission from the Admissions Committee. It may take from one (1) to four (4) years to complete an associate degree program, two (2) to six (6) years to complete a bachelor degree program, and one (1) to three (3) years to complete a master degree program and two (2) to six (6) years for doctoral degree programs, depending on the amount of transfer credit earned and the pace of studies convenient for the student.

Q.    Can a student take KU programs other than Persian/Pashto /English language?
A.    For learning Education programs students wishing to study in a language other than Persian/Pashto and English must gain approval from an approved Supervising Professor. The student and professor may then work together in the selected language. Students may receive instruction in their native language, but must complete at least 6 semester credits of college-level English language instruction prior to graduation from KU degree programs.

Q.    Does KU issue academic transcripts?
A.    Yes, KU issues official academic transcripts after the student successfully completes all his or her courses. Records of academic progress are also kept, and interim transcripts may be issued to the student following completion of course work for any semester.

Q.    Does KU notarize its diplomas?
A.    KU notarizes diplomas when requested by the student. The student is responsible for payment to cover the notary, apostille or other certification cost.

Q.    Who are the head of  faculties at KU?
A.    The KU consists of a wide variety of adjunct professors from reputed universities as well as KU's own professors. All professors have established credentials as teachers and have been selected for their range of both practical and academic experience.

Q.    How do distance education students pay their application and tuition fees?
A.    Both the application and course fees can be paid by check, money order, credit card or wire transfer.

Q.    Do international distance education students need to send official transcripts and diplomas earned at other educational institutions?
A.    Yes. All applicants for admission to KU should request that official transcripts, translated into English and notarized, be sent directly to KU from the educational institution from which they earned their diplomas. The student must submit copies of all diplomas they have earned. These documents enable the Academic Committee to approve enrollment in programs and to assign transfer credit for previous academic achievements. If official transcripts or diplomas cannot be sent by the educational institution, the student may submit photocopies of transcripts and degrees certified by a school official or attested by an appropriate government official. Since each degree program requires different documentation, we have included an Application Check Sheet to help you in submitting all the correct documents with your Application for Admission. To prevent delays in processing your application, be sure to submit all required documents in one complete package.

Q.    Can I earn more than one degree from KU?
A.    Certainly, in fact, a student could begin by earning an associate degree, then progress to the bachelor, master and doctorate degrees to reach his or her educational goals. KU exists to help you reach your full potential and achieve your academic goals. We pledge to make your educational experience as efficient and rewarding as possible.
Support and Resources
What types of academic support services does KUoffer?
KU makes academic services available to all its students-whether they take classes online or on-site. Using Web-based technologies, KU students can access the following tools to help them succeed:
"    Academic Advising
"    Career Services
"    Computing Resources
"    Department of Student Success
"    Effective Writing Center
"    Exams and Testing Services
"    Information and Library Services
"    Student Advisory Council

Q.    How do students communicate with faculty and staff at KU?
A.    Faculty and staff are available to assist students with their programs, advise about courses and curriculum and to help the students succeed. Communication may be accomplished in a number of ways.

Tel: (+93)-079 500 75 70 | (+93)-079-333-33-46 |
Fax: 214-659-9875

Postal Mail:
Kabul-Afghanistan |
District 10 - Street 4 | Qala-e-Fatullah
Kaboora Institute of Higher Education

Enrolling for the new semester is going to be commenced for the following programs:

Civil Engineering
Computer Sciences
Medical Technology
Advanced Nursing
Eye Technician

for further information please contact :
+(93) 0700-68-11-36
or Email us at
KIHE offers a broad selection of distance education programs.


What's NEW?

Kabul-Afghanistan | Copyright 2010 Institute of Kabul |  All right reserved
  Home   |   About   |   Location  |   Site Map   |   FAQ   |   Web Master   |   Terms & Condition   |   Privacy   |   Contact

Kabul-Afghanistan | Copyright Kaboora University |  All right reserved
Home     |    Perspective     |     Director's Message     |      Program Details     |     Admission     |    Student Services     |     About